Like many photographers, I like using seamless paper as a backdrop in my photography studio. Up until now I’ve used one of these backdrop stands to hold the paper rolls. It get’s the job done, but I found myself wishing for a better solution. Anytime you want change colors, you have to lower both stands, roll up the paper, slide off the roll, and slide a new one on before raising both stands again. It’s awkward, time consuming, and frustrating as I’m always tripping over the legs of the stands.
Here’s a simple little tip for hanging rolls of seamless paper for your photography studio backdrop.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 Tornado hooks for each seamless paper roll. Here’s a pack of 5.
- 1″ x 10′ Electrical conduit (1 for each seamless paper roll)
- 1 – 1/4″ wood or drywall screws
- Power Drill with Screw bit
- Hand Clamps
- Roll of Savage Seamless Paper
Watch the video to see the setup. I’m planing on adding a 3rd set of hooks that I can set the roll that’s coming down on. That way I won’t have to move the second roll out of the way before dropping the top one down.